It’s been another busy year at XVT. During the year our team has made significant advancements on key projects, particularly in the areas of:
- Upgraded the NSW Planning Portal to Drupal 8 as a foundation for the rollout of online lodgement capabilities in 2018.
- Various enhancements across the portal. Over 50 Drupal modules designed for specific requirements have been contributed back to the open source community.
Electronic Recording and Reporting of Controlled Drugs System (ERRCD)
Health impacts associated with the misuse of prescription drugs continues to get a lot of attention in Australia and abroad. During 2017 we:
- Implemented the first stage of ERRCD in New South Wales, allowing health authorities to regulate health professional, patient and dangerous drug records.
- Began working with the Western Australian Government to plan for the roll-out of ERRCD.
- Worked with the Federal Department of Health to consolidate enhancements made to the system for specific state requirements.
- Began a campaign to raise awareness of ERRCD in the US :monitoropioidabuse.org
Other smaller-medium sized projects worked on during the year include:
- PopUp WiFi – Software improvements to internal business processes which include integration of their website with Current RMS, administration and customer portal enhancements.
- Act2 – Supporting and maintaining a web services which provide Actuarial certificates for Self Managed Super Funds. We’re also holding workshops with Act2 to identify further improvements to their system which we will likely implement in 2018.
- University of Tasmania – Worked with internal integration team to build automated updating of the business Intelligence System from other internal uTas systems.
During the year we also opened our third office in Sydney, allowing us to better serve our clients located in NSW.
Tej & Anisha from our Sydney team, celebrating a major project release with a glass of bubbles.
During a busy year it’s easy to forget the importance of taking the time to reflect on the projects we’ve delivered. Aside from being an enjoyable time, a relaxed environment also allows us to openly discuss with our team mates where we did well and where we can improve for future projects.
Wishing our team and all of the people we’ve worked with a safe and happy festive season. We look forward to working with you all again in 2018!